Under direct supervision of the Superintendent, responsible for daily planning and supervision of on-site work. Must be familiar with all aspects of construction, including self performed footing slab work. All project are located in Washington, DC Metro Area and surrounding counties.
Principal Areas of Responsibilities
- Corporate Policies and Procedures.
- Schedule work activities and defines requirements for craft personnel to meet completion dates.
- Ensure availability of tools and equipment.
- Maintain job site records, documents and reports.
- Participate in weekly job site meetings.
Specific Requirements and Expectation to Meet Responsibilities
- In the performance of duties ensure compliance to corporate policies and procedures.
- Establish and maintain effective relations with client.
- Under the supervision of the project Superintendent, schedules all work activities to ensure completion dates are met while adhering to budget guidelines.
- Ensure that tools, materials and equipment are available to meet the needs of the craft personnel.
- Ensures that proper maintenance of job site records, documents and reports are kept in compliance with the provisions and guidelines required by corporate standard operating procedures and state and federal guidelines.
- Attend weekly job site meetings and provide project status.
- Responsible to ensure incomplete work lists are developed and completed through the duration of the project.
- Depending on project size, may be assigned to specific portion of the project with the full responsibility of that portion to include all paperwork, job site documentation, safety program, quality control program, tools and materials.
- Ensure job site workers are following safety policy and take necessary action through the project Superintendent to correct any unsafe conditions.
- Issue notice of safety violations or dismiss any personnel not performing accordingly to safety and conduct requirements.
- Takes personal responsibility for own professional development.
- Effectively communicates through interpersonal and written communication.
- Manages multiple priorities while demonstrating flexibility in changing situations.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
Technology Skills: Planning and Scheduling, Cost Control, Production/Productivity
Leadership Skills: Communication, Time Management.
Field Equipment Skills:
Safety and Standards Certifications: OSHA 30, First Aid Certification, CPR Certification, Land Disturber Certification, SHA E&S Training (Green Card), LEED Accreditation.
High School diploma or GED. Three to five years of experience in the field or related area. Minimum of two year’s experience in the construction industry. Familiar with a variety of field concepts, practices and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Preforms a variety of complicated tasks.